OR Anytime-Any day Brunch!
Mediterranean Potato Hash with a Pineapple-Coconut Soup
½ cup yellow onion, diced
½ cup sugar plum tomatoes, halved
½ cup fresh spinach leaves
½ cup Golden Yukon potatoes
¼ cup super-firm tofu, diced
1 tablespoon soy chorizo
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste.
1 orange, peeled and diced
1 pear-apple, diced
¼ cup blueberries
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup pineapple juice
1 teaspoon fresh mint
1. In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil over high heat. Then add the onions and saute for about 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
2. Add the potatoes,soy chorizo and tofu and saute for another minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, paprika, turmeric, dried basil, salt and pepper and saute for another minute.
4. Cover pan, lower heat to medium and let cook for 5 minutes (or until potatoes have softened).
5. Add spinach then bring the heat back to high and saute for another minute.
Mix all the fruits and basil in a medium bowl.
Mix the coconut milk with the pineapple juice(preferably using a blender) then pour over fruit bowl, mix and serve!