DRUNKEN BANANA BREAD
"Show me the way to the next whiskey bar!" Said no banana ever. Until NOW!
5 medium to large ripe bananas, peeled and sliced.
1 cup scotch whiskey- Good quality whiskey is highly recommended but the cheap stuff would work too.
½ cup sugar
½ cup maple syrup + 1 tbsp
1 tbsp non-dairy yogurt
1 tbsp almond milk (or any other type of non-dairy milk)
¼ cup canola oil + 1 tbsp
1 ts vanilla extract
1 ts baking powder
1 ts baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven for 325° F and lightly oil a loaf pan.
2. Place the banana slices in a baking dish, pour the whiskey on top, mix, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
3. Take the dish out of the refrigerator, pour the banana mixture into a sieve and let the excess liquid run out.
4. Pour the banana mixture back into the dish and mash all the banana slices, using a fork. You can also do this part in a food processor.
5. In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Add the bananas into the stand mixer bowl. Then add the sugar, ½ cup of maple syrup, yogurt, milk, oil and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed for one minute, using the whisk attachment.
7. On low-medium speed, gradually add the flour mixture and mix for one minute.
8. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out completely clean.
9. Brush 1 tbsp of maple syrup on top of the banana bread, while it’s still hot.
10. Cool for 15 minutes, then slice and serve!